Friday, March 23, 2012

Presentation Video and PPT

As promised, please find the example of both the presentation and the powerpoint that I used.  As I created my own presentation, I realized that the three minute window was too short.  Therefore, you will have a five minute window to do your presentation.  You will also have a 30 second buffer, if you are running over the time limit.  However, if you go into this buffer time, you will be marked down.  As you can see with my video, I ran into the buffer time and would have lost points for this.  After five minutes and thirty seconds, you will be cut off.

Keep checking the blog of the weekend for when your class will be presenting.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via school email or posting a comment here on the blog.  Have a good weekend, go outside and play, eat lots of vegetables, and don't drink soda!







11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This world is a battlefield and Mr. Blake is the reaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really understand the presentation and what do I suppose to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy, please be more specific about what it is you don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to clarify some things:

    About character: Short summary of the story? what happened in the journal?

    How the char was invented: Show links to sites? Do we really need videos?

    Researches: We show what part in the slavery time zone we looked at and did reseaches on?

    What should we talk mostly about? The char or the research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHat was the video at the beginning of your presentation for?

      Delete
  6. Loc,

    Great questions! Tell what happened in your journal, short summary of who your character is and how you created this person. You don't have to show the links to the sites, but I would like you to include the information that you gained from the sites. This is the same for the research that you did. It should be about a 50/50 split between who your character is and the research that you did.

    The video at the start of my presentation was used to set the tone. It was also an example of some of the research that I did to write my first journal entry. There were a number of photos in there and the music was part of my research. You are not required to use a video. If you need any more clarification please ask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Blake, isn't your presentation like about 4 minutes and 10 seconds. If I too, went over just a few second "Will that bring my grade down?"

    Also, I still do not much understand about the part 'how you created this person'. What do you mean? Is it like when you read the timeline or start the research and saw something that interest you. Then you make the character. Is that what you mean by 'how you created this person?'
    or is it that what inspire you to make the character? Please be more specific about this part!><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wattle,

    You must keep your presentation between three and five minutes.

    I want you to tell me in your presentation how you created your character. What influenced you? What inspired you? Explain the different things that happened to your character and why you choose these events. This is your opportunity to show me the research that you did. Focus on what happened to your character and how you created the story. Come see me if you have additional questions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My presentation is too short its about 3 mins. Is that okay?

    ReplyDelete